The mission of the Waynesboro Downtown Development Authority is to promote, to maintain, and to enhance a safe and economically viable central business district by focusing both public and private resources on the fulfillment of downtown’s potential to benefit the entire community.
The DDA plans and carries out downtown events designed to highlight the downtown area and to bring citizens into the downtown to shop and to dine, thereby helping to stimulate and enhance the downtown experience.
Current Board Members
- Lindsai Mobley Gentry - Chairwoman
- Elizabeth Billips
- Rex Gerlinger
- Jenna Maddox
- Jesse Palmer III
- Cory Saxon Cooper
- Bill Tinley
- Don Lively (staff)
Regularly scheduled meeting dates below are subject to change or be cancelled. Changed or cancelled meeting notifications will be posted at City Hall. All meetings are at 2 p.m. at City Hall, located at 615 N. Liberty Street.
Scheduled meetings for 2022 are:
- Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 2 p.m. (Meeting date changed)
- Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 2 p.m. (Meeting cancelled)
- Wednesday, July 27, 2022, 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 2 p.m. (Meeting date changed to 8/31)
- Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 2 p.m. (Meeting date changed to 10/5)
- Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 2 p.m. (changed due to Thanksgiving)
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 2 p.m. (changed due to Christmas)