Yard Waste Pick Up Guidelines
The Solid Waste Department utilizes two trucks with grapple hooks that collect yard waste. Yard waste is periodically ground into mulch and made available to residents free of charge. Please observe guidelines below to make collection as safe and efficient as possible:
- Only grass clippings, leaves, pine straw, pine cones and limbs will be collected.
- Stumps or logs over 10 inches in diameter will not be collected.
- Place yard waste in pile and not in wind row type piles.
- Do not place piles under tree limbs or power lines.
- Yard waste should be free of trash and not in plastic bags.
- Piles larger than a pick-up truck will not be collected. Owner will be responsible for removal.
- Piles generated by a contractor or tree surgeon will not be collected. Owner is responsible for removal.
- Please do not place yard waste in street. Residents may be cited if debris is interfering with the flow of traffic or damages vehicles.
Vie the full list of guidelines (PDF).